Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pastor Appreciation Month

October is Pastor Appreciation Month. And as a Pastor's wife I love seeing my husband being honored. It can be hard to live with a pastor where you can see all the hard work they are putting into ministry, all the frustrations that come along with the calling, and all the times it goes unnoticed. It can be maddening to see all those trials and stress sit on your husband's shoulders while the congregation seems to not notice. (Which I am fully aware that this is a perception thing many times, that in REALITY the church does pray and notices and appreciates their pastors very much!). So, not only do I love the gifts that we are blessed with during this month,but, I stand proud as my husband is called out for all he does right for God's kingdom. It makes my day! (and month!)

Today I received a card (and recognition and prayer as well). It wasn't a "we appreciate you" kinda card... it was WAY MORE AMAZING! I just HAD to share it with you (and to remind myself). ** Part of the awesomeness of this card is that the person who blessed me with it must have spent a good amount of time to find the most perfect card. It was like God must have moved her hand to pick exactly what I needed to hear... I have read it many times, and have cried each time!
Continue On
A woman once fretted over the usefulness of her life.
 She feared she was wasting her potential by being a devoted wife and mother. She wondered if the time and energy she invested in her husband and children would make a difference.
 At times she got discouraged because so much of what she did seemed to go unnoticed and unappreciated. "Is it worth it?" She often questioned. "Is there something better that I could be doing with my time?"

It was during these moments that she heard the still, small voice of her heavenly Father speak to her heart.

"You are a wife and mother because that is what I've called you to be. Much of what you do is hidden from the public eye. But I notice. Most of what you give is done without payment. But I am your reward.
Your husband cannot be the man I have called him to be without your support, your influence upon him is greater than you think and more powerful than you will ever know. I bless him through your service and honor him through your love.
Your children are precious to Me-- even more precious than they are to you. I have entrusted them to your care to raise for me. What you invest in them is an offering to me. You may never be in the public spotlight but your obedience shines as a bright light before Me.
 Remember you are my servant. Do all to please Me. Continue on."
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. --Colossians 3:23

Oh what a mighty word! I sure needed that today! (And everyday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment