Friday, January 6, 2012

Don't just let it be!

I didn't read any article today... I just didn't know what to read...
However, I had my moment... I sat exhausted from the fussy baby's afternoon. I decided to take a nap, only to be awakened 10 min later by the baby fussing somemore! So by 4pm I thought to myself "The house looks fine. I'm going to skip the afternoon clean up"... but then I remembered what happens when I fall into the trap of "Just let it be"... So I was a good little girl and I stuck to routine. I did the clean sweep. I had the kids do theirs, and I even cleaned up the dinner dishes even though I didn't want to! Its going to be SO worth it when tomorrow comes and we start to prepare for 15+ guests to come over on Sunday for another birthday party, and we will only have to spend about 30 min to have the house party ready! (I'll need to clean bathrooms, and sweep and mop!) Its going to be SO worth it!
I feel like we are having more fun all around here! The kids are happier because there isn't so much mommy stress... I am happier... not sure Dave has noticed that much, maybe he has noticed that I'm not as cranky... not sure! haha. But I guess he will when I politely ask him to grab the bottle and dirty diaper he left by the chair... but maybe he'll remember ;).
Off to bed... NOT anywhere near my new bedtime... oh well! Maybe someday that will work!

No comments:

Post a Comment