Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Birthday Day

Whew, what a day! I stayed up last night until 3:30a decorating and getting the last minute touches on Ruby's birthday party. I just kept repeating in my head, "its past my bedtime!". I look forward to getting into bed at 10p reading until 10:30, and sleeping all night... except, I have yet to keep to that! Its supposed to be my new schedule, but day 1, we stayed up and rearranged furniture and organized the living room. day 2, I was still running around at 10:30, then couldn't stop reading until 11:30, and, well, last night was a joke! But tonight, I'm going to go early!
I love the feeling of having it all together... I look forward to when this lifestyle is a given, and not something I have to try so hard at!
I'll be implementing a daily schedule (loosely, since I still have an infant not completely on a schedule). I sure do like schedules!
But today... today was fun day, can't you see all the fun we had (7 mommies and 12 kiddos, plus 3 babies!)


Today I read
http://www.wikihow.com/Schedule-Your-Day
Mainly only because I want to use this time to learn as well as practice... but man, I'm just so tired, I just wanted to go to bed... but I did take these things away from the article.
  • Scheduling helps you establish a set rhythm to tasks helping you complete tasks, eventually you don't need to schedule them on paper and will do it internally judging time down to the minute for this reason is important. Our body clocks are very accurate.
    • This has always been so true in my life... I just need to get back to it!
  • Leave time to relax; schedule it if you have to.
    • Oh yea! Scheduled down time is a must!
  • DON'T procrastinate. It only leaves you extremely stressed, unorganized, and just plain irritable.
    • This is what I'm trying to get away from... a major rule I need to follow. Instead of saying "I'm too tired, I'll clean this mess after I nap." I went ahead and took the 20 minutes it required and just cleaned, vacuumed, and organized... then I could take a nap and not worry about waking up in a bad mood because the house was a mess... i think my husband was thankful, too!
Now... time to go nurse this baby and maybe get AHEAD of schedule by going to bed at 9 instead of 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment