Sunday, January 1, 2012

Productive Sunday; An Oxymoron!

What does a productive Sunday look like? As long as we get to church dressed and on time, I've accomplished much for the day!
I believe in a day of rest. And as a Pastor's wife, Sundays aren't always a day of rest. However, after our church duties are over, the day is mine to lounge, nap, and lounge some more. There aren't many things on my "to do" list. However, to have a good Sunday, my Saturday's must be ultra-productive. Dave leaves on Sunday mornings at 9am. That usually leaves me an hour and 15 min to get all four dressed, and to church on time. So I need those Saturdays to iron clothes, have my Kids' Church activities read through, put together, and ready to go. So to have a productive Sunday, I MUST have a productive Saturday. And I've learned that the hard way.
Today? Today was AWESOME! Dave didn't have Sunday school, so our goal was to leave for our 1min commute by 10am. Dave made breakfast (its our anniversary), he dressed one of the babies, I dressed (and cleaned poo off his back) the other baby, and we were on time, in good moods, and ready for the lessons for the day. As for the rest of the day. I plan on taking a nap, maybe doing a quick clean up later (or making the kids do it), and enjoying my family... Productive Sunday? Definately an oxymoron... Sundays are for rest... productive rest! Enjoy, my friends, and take a nap just because! Mine will begin soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment